Monday 7 November 2016

Life as planter in oil palm plantation - Introduction

Internship lasted only 3 months and it finished with a blink of eyes. Plus, you do not have any responsibilities.

The real challenge begin when you start working (and the best thing is getting paid of course!). 

So, I am hired as assistant manager of plantation, sounds good right? A fresh grad starts off with assistant manager, but to me I think it is just a nicely called name, in other word you are just a planter after all. 

Sounds familiar? Just like you are eating nasi lemak, but expensive restaurant rather call it... 


Therefore, I would call myself a planter in short. 

My job posting is not as lucky as myself during internship, I got sent to a place 300 km away from my hometown --- Serdang, Kedah! It is a very small town I have never heard before in my life! My company is a MNC, you know how MNC works, they do not simply change decision. My only choice is to bid farewell to my family and friends, then pack my stuff before going to the unheard place.  

To be continued... 


No comments:

Post a Comment