Friday 19 June 2015

Organic farm in Chenderiang, Perak

Alright, throwback to last year, I went to an organic farm @ somewhere nearby my university, with my fellow classmates.
.
.
.

 I shall let the photos explain the story.

Green Wish Vegi Garden.

Haha, well that's me !

The owner, Mr. Kenny Ng. He was an engineer with bachelor degree. 
Now owning an organic farm on retirement life.

 What are those besides him !? Secret Asian remedy I guess?

 First stop, organic vegetables. Mix crop cultivation. 

 We weren't convinced that there are no pest, so we did a spot check.

 Tada! A slug. 
Anyway, overall it is pretty well controlled.
.
.
.
Fruits department

  Bananas, it just upset me seeing those poor leaves condition.
"However, the fruits are doing well regardless of the leaves condition. " - the owner

 
 The pitaya.
 Where are the fruits ? :(

A well grown papaya tree. 
Wrapping must be done to prevent fruit flies attack.
.
.
.

 Diggi diggi dug ~ Diggi diggi dug ~

Tada ! Ginseng Ginger
 .
.
.
 The soy sauce? 
Nope, it is the fermented organic fertilizer. It smells like fish sauce.
In addtion, he uses goat dunk.
.
.
.

Time for feast! 

 Forget about the appetizer - main dish ! 
All grown organically. 

Fruits, cempedak.

 New fruit to me - Rollinia fruit 
Taste like mango.
.
.
.

And the story ends here! 

Organic farming is much less popular in Malaysia.
 There are not much concern on it.

Way to go, Malaysia. 


See you guys! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment