Sunday 6 November 2016

Internship in oil palm plantation

Before my graduation, I had already started to be exposed in oil plantation by joining company internship (3 months service duration)

I am fortunate to be allocated in nearest estate to my hometown (about 30 minutes away from my hometown).

The estate is about 2318 hectares, with total 319 workers.

I will share more photo as photo speaks thousands words. 


Oil palm nursery.


A black (unripe)
 fresh fruit bunch (FFB).

Full load of ripe FFB on tractor.

Tractor carrying workers and chemical for weed spraying. 

My daily transport in oil palm plantation
 (The estate is 2318 hectares, imagine get lost inside with no fuel! Therefore always make sure you have enough fuel).

Talk about down to earth, you gotta wear the dresscode! 
Indeed 3D (Dirty, Dangerous, Demeaning) job it is! 

Wild bitter gourd (I would rather not to eat it, probably been sprayed by chemical)
Sorry for poor photo. 

Turnera subulata (Flowering plant that attract pollinators and natural enemies)
The purpose is to attract wasps (natural enemies) to prey on the pest (leaf eating caterpillars) as part of integrated pest management (IPM).


To be continued... 










No comments:

Post a Comment