Friday 25 November 2016

Conversation with Bangladeshi worker

PART 2 Conversation with Bangladeshi worker



He is a young 24 year old guy.

I will refer him as "B".

Me: Why Malaysia?
B: Because Malaysia is Islamic country, and the country is much more advance than our country and definitely stronger currency.

Me: Why not Saudi Arabia or Dubai? It is nearer to your country don't you think?
B: I tried working in Saudi Arabia for 14 days then I was told to change my job. The job is to be a lorry driver but I was too young with age only 19. As for Dubai, yes I am actually thinking about that. There are a lot of vacancies there such as working in restaurant, contract foreman etc. They provide food and accommodation, salary from RM1400 and overtime are paid extra.

I also interviewed another worker as well, I refer him as "C".

Me: Why you don't have your passport?
C: I ran away from my previous employer, I work very hard and get paid very little, my agent took my salary as commission. He drive a big car.

Me: So how do you go back Bangladesh without passport?
C: It is normal, many of us ran away due to harsh working condition. We just have to ask for our embassy to help.

Food for thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment